Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 4 of 2007

On Knitting...

Shawls and Scraves The Best of Knitter's Magazine has a circular shawl designed by Eugene Buelger which I have been eyeing for a while. My sister really liked the pattern as well so I decided to knit it up for her using Colour Mart's lace silk in Sky. The pattern is quite easy once you get past the rather uncomfortable teensy weensy circular CO. I got stomped along the way trying to figure out the "wrap stitch" but Jesh was able to help out with that and even provided an alternative of her own.




After a few hours and 1/2 dozen restarts this is what I have to show:

I began enjoying the pattern but will have to set all knitting aside for a few days since CTS pain is making it very uncomfortable to knit. Oh well, I guess I can use the time to get other work done.

On another disappointing note I was 2 inches shy of finishing DD 2nd sock when I ran out of yarn. That baby won't get done until I have to order more stuff from KnitPicks. In the meantime I'll fine something in my stash to knit her a complete pair in a week or two once my wrist is pain free.


On Stash Building....


This Saturday I paid a visit to the Yarn Barn. One never knows what stuff they have on clearance but mostly I was real curious to see what Lamb's Pride Single Worsted was all about. The Yarn Barn had bags and bags of yarn on clearance but 99.9% of it was novelty yarn. So I passed it up, since I have no need for the stuff just now. They did have a box full of Pony needles at 50% off. A lot of them were straight needles, which I don't like using anymore since I find circulars more convenient, but they did have short dpns in size 0 and 2 (US). The socks I've knit so far were with 7" dpns and I found the length quite annoying so I decided to give these shorter ones a try. DD also got herself a pair of straights so that she can learn to knit. Not bad for one trip.


Lamb's pride was fine IMO. I'd surely buy it at a good discount.


Until next time: Happy knitting and stash building to all.

2 Comments:

At 28/1/07 1:09 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hm, I'll have to hit Yarn Barn before I leave...it is a nice place.

The shawl's looking nice!

 
At 4/2/07 12:26 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I like the colour of the shawl, and it looks a great pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home