Monday, December 11, 2006

Week 49 of 2006 in Review

Progress report

On Knitting...

Hard to believe but true, I have 4 WIP going on.

Icarus has been completed up to Chart 2. Only three more to go!! YAY!!! Of course, if I hadn't started anything else, I'd probably be a lot closer to finishing this shawl. But I decided I needed a hat, so I cast on Bobbi from Hip Knit Hats using Joann Sensations Dolcetto in white.

This week I also cast on the Red Scarf using Wool Ease in Cranberry. My plans for using a pattern from ScarfStyle didn't happen as I had planned. Instead I am using the Mock Cable Rib stitch pattern from The Knitting Directory as a guide and I am liking the effect. (Hopefully the yarn blocks out nicely to show off the pattern better.) As a matter of fact, I ended up using this same stitch pattern for a headband which a 3 year old requested.

On Stash Building...

This weekend I took advantage of Joann's 50% coupon and bought Barbie and Me for DD. I also took advantage of their additional 50% off clearance items and bought these happy little balls of yarn...


Camelia in pink on the left and Margherita in green and pink to the right. These should make nice hats for a little girl.

2 Comments:

At 11/12/06 1:37 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I like your red scarf. I loved the mock cables on the scarf I just finished up--so easy and I like the way they turn out. So cable-y!

Nice yarn too! Gotta love clearance!

 
At 14/12/06 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're having such amazing projects on the go! I especially love the red scarf, the pattern is so amazing, and the color you're using seems to be the perfect one!
And your new yarn - delicious, absolutely! Have fun with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home