Monday, November 06, 2006

Week 44 of 2006 in Review


Some unplanned yarn stash building has occured. As if I need more yarn, but you know the drill: an innocent visit to the store or an accidental click to a website link somehow turns into a yarn purchase.

Oh the pleasure....oh the guilt....

A knitter's unintended yarn buying phenomenom is both unexplained and uncontrollable, or at least I keep telling myself. The way I see it, a good sell is hard to resist, a softer than soft skein of yarn too tempting to leave the LYS without and opening a package full of colorful knittable treats is a joy everyone should experience once in a while. Need I go on?

But enough of the yarn buying philosophy and on to the good stuff....

Yarn Purchases...

While on errand to do a planned non-knitting related purchase to Tuesday Morning, tucked away in the darkest corner of the bottom shelf were 3 skein bags of Lion's Cotton-Ease marked an additional 25% off. Score!! I am now the proud owner of 6 skeins of yellow and 3 skeins of orange Cotton-Ease which shall be used to knit up the cute duckl from Fiona McTaque's Knitted Toys.

ColourMart is very thoughtful (note hint of sarcasm) and regularly emails updates of their current stock and sales. This week I could not resist 2500 yards of lace weight silk for steal of the year price of $13 total. The goldish color should make an elegant shawl. Here's a peek:


Actual Knitting...

On the knitting front I an happy to say Lady E is done. Once all her loose ends are weaved in, she is blocked and prettied up, Lady Eleanor will be ready to make her grand debut with pic's and all.

Lacevember KAL came just in time to help me select my next project. Originally, my plans were to knit Hanging Garden Lace Stole but time contraints made me reconsider. My next option was Cozy, but that would have required I do more yarn shopping and that was not going to happen. I finally recalled why I had purchased the Summer 2006 IK: Icarus of course. So that baby was CO this past Saturday and due to my lack of attention, has already been frogged a bit. I got carried away clicking them needles w/o referring to Chart 1 and failed to do the pattern change on Row 19. Oh well, hence Lesson of the Week:

Lesson of the Week...

Don't get carried away and always refer to your pattern.

2 Comments:

At 6/11/06 11:35 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Can't wait to see your finished Lady Eleanor!!

 
At 6/11/06 12:00 PM, Blogger String said...

so is that yarn for lacevember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home