Monday, November 06, 2006

In My Library

Your typical knitter needs a healthy supply of yarn, needles, patterns and other misc. gadgets which make knitting oh so much more pleasurable and efficient. I confess I am one of them. We will proudly (or quiltly) show off our yarn stash, (which in some cases is enough to open up your own LYS) needle collection, (ditto) and of course our WIP's or FO's. Since I started knitting over a year ago, I have accumulated a little bit of everything and continue to do so. Today I will show off, or rather list, my small library of knitting related books. To be quite honest I did not think the list would be this long.

Pattern Books:

  • ScrafStyle by Pam Allen
  • Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman
  • Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman
  • Kids Knits for Heads, Hands and Toes by Debbie Bliss
  • Cotton Knits for All Seasons by Debbie Bliss
  • Knitting on the Edge by Nicky Epstein
  • Vogue Knitting Accessorize
  • Vogue Knitting Chunky Knits
  • A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen
  • The Best of Knitter's Magazine Shawls and Scarves

Reference Books:

  • A Second Treasury of Knitting by Barbara G Walker (will one day get the First)
  • Reader's Digest Knitter's Handbook
  • Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns from Sterling Publishing
  • The Complete Book of Knitting by Barbara Abbey
  • The Knitting Directory by Alison Jenkins

Let me just note that flea markets, used bookstores, and 50% off coupons have enabled me to stash my library with these great resources. Will I ever knit all the great patterns or use all the valuable information found in these books? Probably not. Will I continue to be on the look out for great deals on awesome books? Most certainly.

As time permits, I will come back and provide a review for each individual book. For now I can say that ScarfStyle, A Gathering of Lace, Knitter's Magazine Shawls and Scarfs, plus Treasury of Knitting are great books to have in any knitter's library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home