Sunday, November 12, 2006

Week 45 of 2006 in Review

On Stash Building

ColourMart is going to be my doom. But who can resist these lovelies at an even lovelier price?


2500 yards of Blue Violet Silk


2500 yards of Ecru Silk which can always be dyed another color.


2500 yards of the lovely Fox-
glove





There is enough yardage in one cone to make two shawls. The question is, will I ever use them all up?

On Knitting

Knittinng this week has been rather slow. I've started the second repeat of Chart 1 for Icarus. The pattern is so easy I think I'm going to get bored soon but I like the fact that it's so quick I can do Chart 1 in an evening.

Since I had a good amount of Paton's SWS left over from Lady E I decided to quickly knit up a potholder and felt it. It didn't come out quite square and pretty late in the game I realized I would have produced a nicer piece if I had knit it round. Hence...

Lesson of the Week

"No comas ancias" In other words, don't rush through a project without thinking it all thru and considering all your options.

2 Comments:

At 13/11/06 3:04 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Truly droolworthy laceweight there!!!

 
At 18/11/06 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.
You Icharus and SWS link don't work because there are two http// in the link.

Nice purchases of silk, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home