Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tada!!!! Bobbi is Finished

  • Yarn: Less than one skein of Joann's Sensation Dolcetto
  • Needles: Size 9(US) DPN's

Bobbi only took a couple of days of sporadic knitting to complete. If bobbles hadn't been involved, knitting time would have been cut by 2/3's.

The pattern is from Hip Knit Hats. Of the 40 designs in the book, I chose this one for three reasons.

  1. I was bored with some of the other WIP's that I had when I decided to knit a hat.
  2. I never knitted bobbles before so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to practice.
  3. One of my sisters had requested the hat a while back.

My take on Bobbi....

I found the author's method of making bobbles quite easy although I do need to practice her technique in order to get consistent results. After a while, I did get a little annoyed with all those little bobbles and was very happy when the last one was done. In the meantime I do plan on practicing the more "traditional" bobble making method and decide which one I like better.

My copy of Hip Knit Hats is a first edition and for those of you contemplating knitting this hat please be aware that the pattern does have a lot of errors. First of all, the required number of CO stitches is incorrect as are the directions for rounds 8, 12, and 20. A newbie knitter would probably get very frustrated with the instructions trying to figure out why they are ending up with too many stitches or why their hat is not coming out like the one in the pictures. I hate to write in my books, but in this case I might just have to in order to correct the mistakes I found. That or use post-it notes as an alternative.


1 Comments:

At 21/12/06 8:42 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That's cute! Not my style either--but like you said a good diversion from other wips and a primer for bobbles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home