Monday, January 08, 2007

Week 1 of 2007

Lets start with

Stash Building...

No purchases on my side but my dear sister did mail me the yarn she'd bought a while back so that I would knit her a hat. I guess it finally got cold up there in Connecticut that she pulled herself away from her studio to make a trip to USPS. Here are the lovelies she sent:



Two pretty skeins of Farmhouse Yarns Single Ply Worsted. The purple one is hers and the green is a gift for me. I love the colors and I love the yarn. Knitting with it has been a breeze and this leads us to...

On Knitting...

.
On her last visit down, my sister went through the Hip Hats book and picked several possible candidates for a hat. Ella was one of them. I CO on Sat and was able to BO that same day. There are serious issues with the pattern instructions as was the case with Bobbi but I was able to work around the errors. The hat in the book looks a lot better in my opinion than my version. I do need to go back and frog the last couple of rows because the rim is too tight. I'm tempted to frog the whole thing but I'll let my sister see it first and let her decide the fate of this hat. In any case there is enough yarn left over to knit another simpler one, which is already CO, and I intend to send that her way as well.

The Red Scarf is finally BO. I attempted to block it but I think I was too gentle because it shrunk back a bit too much. The pattern looks lovely stretched out, even DH commented that he liked it, so I guess I'll attempt to block it again.


3 Comments:

At 8/1/07 11:26 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ohhh! Such pretty yarn!! I actually really like seeing them together--I love greens and purples.

Nice scarf! Some lucky naked necked kid will love it!

 
At 8/1/07 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is absolutely gorgeous! I say that with a bit of bias, because I made the exact same one for myself in purple. :) Your recipient is very fortunate.

 
At 12/1/07 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty green, springlike. I like the hat, it's different than the ones I usually see.

The scarf is lovely, I love the color you chose, red is one of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home