Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Challenges for 2007

A new year sets the stage for new beginnings and a time when many people set new goals and resolutions for themselves. In my case, after much thought and reflection I have set a few goals for myself. The following are five knitting goals I hope to fulfill by the end of this year.
  1. The biggest goal on my list is to actually knit projects using the yarn I already have stashed. I am not claiming a yarn diet because if a good sale presents itself I will purchase the yarn if I like it. I do want to put the yarn that has been stored for over a year now into use and this leads me to the following two goals.
  2. Start knitting birthday and Christmas gifts as of yesterday and continue doing so throughout the year from...
  3. My knitting library. I have a decent collection of books I have purchased and would like to see them put to good use. Luckily my neither my library nor gift list is too long so I should be able to knit one project from every book I have.
  4. One can only knit so much for family, friends and one's self so my goal is to knit at least 4 projects this year for a charitable cause.
  5. In keeping with my one piece knitting and my desire to learn new things, this year I challenge myself to learn how to knit socks. It is for this reason that I signed up at socktopia a few weeks ago.

Let's see what the year has in store and what new challenges catch this knitter's fancy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home